The careers education and guidance programme at Outwood Academy Ormesby seeks to positively support you to acquire the educational, social and employability skills necessary for lifelong success in a diverse and changing world of work.
As a student at Outwood Academy Ormesby you are entitled to a careers, education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) programme which:
- is personal to you and always puts your interests first
- motivates and inspires you to consider all opportunities both within and outside of Outwood Academy Ormesby
- helps you to gain the skills you need to make your career ambitions a reality
- provides the support you need to be successful
- helps you access any additional support you might need
- is delivered by trained and qualified teachers and advisers, with up-to-date knowledge and understanding of
career pathways and local labour market information
- protects and respects your personal information and shares it only with your consent
We will support your career development in a number of ways including:
- information and discussion in lessons and assemblies to help you make decisions about your future
- activities and events such as careers fairs
- access to career advisers in a variety of ways including individual meetings, drop-in sessions, learning pathway
planning and results days
- careers information and IT based careers programmes
- information and updates on notice boards, plasma screens, websites and social media
Where can I go for CEIAG?
Careers Inc. are able to offer independent and impartial advice and guidance, which you are all entitled to should you wish to use it. You need to make an appointment with Mrs Richardson who will organise it for you.Your 1:1 interviews will be held with Joy Pickard in the new Careers Office in C Block, next to C3.
You can also use the Careers Inc. links on this page to help you.
You will also be able to find information in the library in the careers section where you will find college and university prospectuses. Mrs Rogers will be able to point you in the right direction!
You can visit colleges, go to open evenings and days. They are advertised on this page, around school, on the careers section of your VMG board and on our Twitter feed!
We are also running Careers themed Enrichment sessions which are detailed below.
- Tuesday 17th January – 5-6:30pm – Askham Bryan College Stewart Park, Middlesbrough, TS7 8AR
- Tuesday 24th January – 5:30-7:30pm – Stockton Riverside College Harvard Avenue, Stockton on Tees, TS17 6FB
- Saturday 28th January – 10-1pm – Askham Bryan College Stewart Park, Middlesbrough, TS7 8AR
- Wednesday 1st February – 5:30-7:30pm – NETA Training Group Penine Avenue, North Tees Industrial Estate, Portrack Lane, TS18 2RJ
- Saturday 4th February – 10-12pm – Middlesbrough College Dock Street, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AD
- Wednesday 8th February – 5-7 pm – Redcar & Cleveland College Corporation Road, Redcar TS10 1EZ
- Wednesday 8th March – 5:30-7:30pm – Apprenticeship Open Evening – Stockton Riverside College Harvard Avenue, Stockton on Tees, TS17 6FB
- Tuesday 25th April – 5-8pm – Middlesbrough College Dock Street, Middlesbrough, TS2 1AD
- Tuesday 9th May – 5:30-7:30pm – NETA Training Group Penine Avenue, North Tees Industrial Estate, Portrack Lane, TS18 2RJ
- Wednesday 10th May – 5-7pm – Redcar & Cleveland College Corporation Road, Redcar TS10 1EZ